5,600,123 Members 40,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Forgot your password?

Post Reply+

[WARNING! + GUIDE] Backup and Restore IMEI / NV Data Procedure for GT-I9305

Tip us?

hopa_nona
Old
(Last edited by hopa_nona; 25th April 2013 at 01:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default please help

My note 10.1 GT-N8000 lost IMEI and I need to recover the original IMEI FOR MY NOT
The Original IMEI NUMBER IS ( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )
I hope any body can help me

Rekoil
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyriquidperfection View Post
Sorry not been very active in the forums lately. I am now the very proud dad of a beautiful daughter born on 17th April and weighing a healthy 6lb 9oz!

Will still maintain my threads but may take slightly longer to respond than usual.

Thanks all for your patience!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopa_nona View Post
My note 10.1 GT-N8000 lost IMEI and I need to recover the original IMEI FOR MY NOT
The Original IMEI NUMBER IS ( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )
I hope any body can help me
Never post your IMEI number online buddy, remove it now. I could easily have reported it as a stolen device and have it blacklisted, or, as it is a valid IMEI and I even know what device it is meant for, install it on another device that has been blacklisted.
sony xperia z1 c6903 metallic purple

previous phones
sony xperia z c6603 royal purple - faulty backplate, returned
samsung galaxy s3 lte (gt-i9305n) marble white - sold... no more samsungs for me
htc one x glacier white - dead :'(
apple iphone 4s white - sold

gordy1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm now starting to bang my head against the wall. I ave just bought an Orange locked I9305 which I only wanted to unlock to use on another network. Unfortunately I couldn't unlock it as it came with 4.1.2. I read that I had to downgrade to 4.1.1 which is where the problems started. I followed the instructions at the start of this post and made a backup of my IMEI / NV Data which went well. I then installed Odin and tried to install
Product Code: GT-I9305TADEVR (4.1.1) (EE UK)
PDA: XXALI5
PHONE: BVALI5
CSC: EVRALI5
Released: 17/09/2012
from the Pre-Rooted / Original Stock Odin Packages! thread.
I thought this had gone well but it got stuck rebooting at the Samsung screen after the start up swirling screen for at least an hour. I then tried to install the
PDA: XXALK3
PHONE: XXALK2
This also got stuck and after another hour I tried to install a stock rom from http://samsung-updates.com/ which was I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_I9305BVALI5_HOME.tar.md5
This worked and it installed 4.1.1 but when I went to unlock the phone it didn't have any of the menus and when I checked the IMEI it said null / null.
I then though that this isn't too bad as I can just restore the IMEI but when I tried to connect through QPST it sees the port (Com3) but cannot see the phone so I cannot do the restore.
I have tried re-installing QPST after deleting anything in the registry that mentions it, I have re-installed the samsung drivers, I have flashed Param_Bin_I9305.tar.md5 with odin, have rooted properly as there was no superuser app with both busybox and I9305 clockwork mod. These worked ok as I was able to install triangle away and use it and have supersu in my apps.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I can try next as thinking of going back to HTC as I have had there phones since windows and never had a problem rooting and unlocking them

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Just a thought I have looked at the box and it says the phone is I9305 PM will this make a difference

Ishan Sardar
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Is there any other way to do this backup? Cuz im stuck and no one seems to know the solution to my problem, I've posted my problem couple of times but still nothing. I'd be thankful if anyone has any alternative or maybe solution to my problem. Thnx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

gordy1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordy1 View Post
I'm now starting to bang my head against the wall. I ave just bought an Orange locked I9305 which I only wanted to unlock to use on another network. Unfortunately I couldn't unlock it as it came with 4.1.2. I read that I had to downgrade to 4.1.1 which is where the problems started. I followed the instructions at the start of this post and made a backup of my IMEI / NV Data which went well. I then installed Odin and tried to install
PDA: XXALI5
PHONE: BVALI5
Released: 17/09/2012
from the Pre-Rooted / Original Stock Odin Packages! thread.
I thought this had gone well but it got stuck rebooting at the Samsung screen after the start up swirling screen for at least an hour. I then tried to install the
PDA: XXALK3
PHONE: XXALK2
This also got stuck and after another hour I tried to install a stock rom from http://samsung-updates.com/ which was I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_I9305BVALI5_HOME.tar.md5
This worked and it installed 4.1.1 but when I went to unlock the phone it didn't have any of the menus and when I checked the IMEI it said null / null.
I then though that this isn't too bad as I can just restore the IMEI but when I tried to connect through QPST it sees the port (Com3) but cannot see the phone so I cannot do the restore.
I have tried re-installing QPST after deleting anything in the registry that mentions it, I have re-installed the samsung drivers, I have flashed Param_Bin_I9305.tar.md5 with odin, have rooted properly as there was no superuser app with both busybox and I9305 clockwork mod. These worked ok as I was able to install triangle away and use it and have supersu in my apps.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I can try next as thinking of going back to HTC as I have had there phones since windows and never had a problem rooting and unlocking them

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Just a thought I have looked at the box and it says the phone is I9305 PM will this make a difference
I finally sorted it as it must be a problem with the Pre-Rooted / Original Stock Odin Packages. I finally got it to work by flashing a different kernel, I then unlocked the phone to any network and flashed a 4.1.2 Pre-Rooted / Original Stock Odin Package where it lost all its IMEI again. Flashed a new kernel and all working as I wanted it too as it's now unlocked on 4.1.2.

eric326
Old
(Last edited by eric326; 24th April 2013 at 03:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Has anyone else experienced problems where it states backup failed due to, "SPC given could not unlock the phone. The phone will not respond for 10 seconds."? Thanks everyone.

Umeaboy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The command in the keypad doesn't work & I'm using CM 10.1 unofficial build so no root-issues AFAIK.

btemtd
Old
Thanks Meter 993

DONATE TO ME
Yo Lyriquid you out there bro.. lets start murdering the S4 haha need your skills with this imei backup and qualcomm I know u got dis yell at us when u can
IPhone 3GS >> Iphone 4 >> Samsung GS3 I9300 >> Samsung GS3 I9305 LTE >> Samsung GS4 I9505 LTE

Spec daily run :
Galaxy S4
2gb Ram
LTE (4G)
Snapdragon 600
QuadBEAST @ 1998mhz x 4
Andreno 320

Best Quadrant Benchmark To-Date = 15,255k @ 2.16Ghz
Best Antutu = 31,385 @ 1998mhz

My Work:

-=PandoriaM=- Rom for SGS3 4G I9305

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trollyaa L8rrrrrrr
The Following User Says Thank You to btemtd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lyriquidperfection
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 2329

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by btemtd View Post
Yo Lyriquid you out there bro.. lets start murdering the S4 haha need your skills with this imei backup and qualcomm I know u got dis yell at us when u can
Already PM'd you!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
My Applications

EFS Professional v2.1.8 (With Qualcomm NV Tools) - For Samsung Android Devices

LG CSMG Tool v1.0.21 - For LG Mobile Server Queries and Firmware Checking

PIT Magic v1.3.10 - Samsung PIT Creator, Editor and Analyzer

Odin ROM Package Builder v1.3 - Complete Pre-Root and Repack Utilities for Linux

Samsung Quick Root v1.7.10 And HTC Quick Root v1.1.13 - All In One Root / Unroot Solutions
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my hard work, please buy me a coffee and a pack of nappies for my little daughter!

LordVetinari
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan Sardar View Post
the first step went ok but on this step when I press start it says this:

what am I doing wrong?

oh and here is the result of the first step...just so if it has anything to do with the error on 2nd step:

I get the same issue with my unrooted stock SGS-I9305.

First I thought it was because KIES was still active in the background, but after killing KIES, all ADB sessions and uninstalling the drivers / ports via Device Manager, exiting (and killing) the QPST Server / Service and then retrying all the steps from page 1, I still get the same "No Phone" in the QPST application and EFS Explorer crashes when I click on "Connect".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
LV.
[PHONE]
SGS I9305 Cracked up
SGS i9000 Resurrected Reburied
HTC One arrived & tinted.