[WARNING! + GUIDE] Backup and Restore IMEI / NV Data Procedure for GT-I9305

OP lyriquidperfection

23rd April 2013, 03:53 AM   |  #341  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
please help
My note 10.1 GT-N8000 lost IMEI and I need to recover the original IMEI FOR MY NOT
The Original IMEI NUMBER IS ( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )
I hope any body can help me
Last edited by hopa_nona; 25th April 2013 at 01:13 AM.
23rd April 2013, 06:01 AM   |  #342  
Flag G÷teborg
Thanks Meter: 395

1,031 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyriquidperfection

Sorry not been very active in the forums lately. I am now the very proud dad of a beautiful daughter born on 17th April and weighing a healthy 6lb 9oz!

Will still maintain my threads but may take slightly longer to respond than usual.

Thanks all for your patience!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopa_nona

My note 10.1 GT-N8000 lost IMEI and I need to recover the original IMEI FOR MY NOT
The Original IMEI NUMBER IS ( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )
I hope any body can help me

Never post your IMEI number online buddy, remove it now. I could easily have reported it as a stolen device and have it blacklisted, or, as it is a valid IMEI and I even know what device it is meant for, install it on another device that has been blacklisted.
23rd April 2013, 08:08 PM   |  #343  
Flag Kent

58 posts
More
I'm now starting to bang my head against the wall. I ave just bought an Orange locked I9305 which I only wanted to unlock to use on another network. Unfortunately I couldn't unlock it as it came with 4.1.2. I read that I had to downgrade to 4.1.1 which is where the problems started. I followed the instructions at the start of this post and made a backup of my IMEI / NV Data which went well. I then installed Odin and tried to install
Product Code: GT-I9305TADEVR (4.1.1) (EE UK)
PDA: XXALI5
PHONE: BVALI5
CSC: EVRALI5
Released: 17/09/2012
from the Pre-Rooted / Original Stock Odin Packages! thread.
I thought this had gone well but it got stuck rebooting at the Samsung screen after the start up swirling screen for at least an hour. I then tried to install the
PDA: XXALK3
PHONE: XXALK2
This also got stuck and after another hour I tried to install a stock rom from http://samsung-updates.com/ which was I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_I9305BVALI5_HOME.tar.md5
This worked and it installed 4.1.1 but when I went to unlock the phone it didn't have any of the menus and when I checked the IMEI it said null / null.
I then though that this isn't too bad as I can just restore the IMEI but when I tried to connect through QPST it sees the port (Com3) but cannot see the phone so I cannot do the restore.
I have tried re-installing QPST after deleting anything in the registry that mentions it, I have re-installed the samsung drivers, I have flashed Param_Bin_I9305.tar.md5 with odin, have rooted properly as there was no superuser app with both busybox and I9305 clockwork mod. These worked ok as I was able to install triangle away and use it and have supersu in my apps.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I can try next as thinking of going back to HTC as I have had there phones since windows and never had a problem rooting and unlocking them

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Just a thought I have looked at the box and it says the phone is I9305 PM will this make a difference
23rd April 2013, 08:17 PM   |  #344  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 53

318 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is there any other way to do this backup? Cuz im stuck and no one seems to know the solution to my problem, I've posted my problem couple of times but still nothing. I'd be thankful if anyone has any alternative or maybe solution to my problem. Thnx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app
24th April 2013, 12:12 PM   |  #345  
Flag Kent

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordy1

I'm now starting to bang my head against the wall. I ave just bought an Orange locked I9305 which I only wanted to unlock to use on another network. Unfortunately I couldn't unlock it as it came with 4.1.2. I read that I had to downgrade to 4.1.1 which is where the problems started. I followed the instructions at the start of this post and made a backup of my IMEI / NV Data which went well. I then installed Odin and tried to install
PDA: XXALI5
PHONE: BVALI5
Released: 17/09/2012
from the Pre-Rooted / Original Stock Odin Packages! thread.
I thought this had gone well but it got stuck rebooting at the Samsung screen after the start up swirling screen for at least an hour. I then tried to install the
PDA: XXALK3
PHONE: XXALK2
This also got stuck and after another hour I tried to install a stock rom from http://samsung-updates.com/ which was I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_I9305BVALI5_HOME.tar.md5
This worked and it installed 4.1.1 but when I went to unlock the phone it didn't have any of the menus and when I checked the IMEI it said null / null.
I then though that this isn't too bad as I can just restore the IMEI but when I tried to connect through QPST it sees the port (Com3) but cannot see the phone so I cannot do the restore.
I have tried re-installing QPST after deleting anything in the registry that mentions it, I have re-installed the samsung drivers, I have flashed Param_Bin_I9305.tar.md5 with odin, have rooted properly as there was no superuser app with both busybox and I9305 clockwork mod. These worked ok as I was able to install triangle away and use it and have supersu in my apps.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I can try next as thinking of going back to HTC as I have had there phones since windows and never had a problem rooting and unlocking them

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Just a thought I have looked at the box and it says the phone is I9305 PM will this make a difference

I finally sorted it as it must be a problem with the Pre-Rooted / Original Stock Odin Packages. I finally got it to work by flashing a different kernel, I then unlocked the phone to any network and flashed a 4.1.2 Pre-Rooted / Original Stock Odin Package where it lost all its IMEI again. Flashed a new kernel and all working as I wanted it too as it's now unlocked on 4.1.2.
24th April 2013, 03:22 PM   |  #346  

9 posts
Has anyone else experienced problems where it states backup failed due to, "SPC given could not unlock the phone. The phone will not respond for 10 seconds."? Thanks everyone.
Last edited by eric326; 24th April 2013 at 03:27 PM.
28th April 2013, 06:17 PM   |  #347  
Flag Umeň
Thanks Meter: 2

85 posts
More
The command in the keypad doesn't work & I'm using CM 10.1 unofficial build so no root-issues AFAIK.
7th May 2013, 03:05 PM   |  #348  
Thanks Meter: 1,000

2,050 posts
Donate to Me
Yo Lyriquid you out there bro.. lets start murdering the S4 haha need your skills with this imei backup and qualcomm I know u got dis yell at us when u can
The Following User Says Thank You to btemtd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #349  
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 2,560

2,494 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btemtd

Yo Lyriquid you out there bro.. lets start murdering the S4 haha need your skills with this imei backup and qualcomm I know u got dis yell at us when u can

Already PM'd you!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
9th May 2013, 10:08 AM   |  #350  
Flag Pretoria
Thanks Meter: 30

252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan Sardar

the first step went ok but on this step when I press start it says this:

what am I doing wrong?

oh and here is the result of the first step...just so if it has anything to do with the error on 2nd step:

I get the same issue with my unrooted stock SGS-I9305.

First I thought it was because KIES was still active in the background, but after killing KIES, all ADB sessions and uninstalling the drivers / ports via Device Manager, exiting (and killing) the QPST Server / Service and then retrying all the steps from page 1, I still get the same "No Phone" in the QPST application and EFS Explorer crashes when I click on "Connect".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
LV.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread